When empty, WOLL professional cast products reach a temperature of up to 300° C (570°F) in just three minutes when you use the highest heat setting.
- Reduce the heat in good time so as to obtain healthy and tasty cooking results.
- If the temperature is too high, cooking oils and fats can burn very quickly and also leave so-called tar resins on the surface of the pan, which under some circumstances can not be removed and will damage the non-stick properties.
This is how you heat up your WOLL professional cast product correctly when frying with fat or oil or when baking:
- Heat up your WOLL professional cast product briefly while empty using the highest heat setting. The high-quality cast base heats up very quickly and evenly.
- Turn down to the required temperature and add fat or oil and the food to be fried. (See TIP 3)
- Do the wooden spoon test in order to see whether the fat or oil is at the right temperature - put the handle of a dry wooden spoon into the fat. If small bubbles form around it then the fat is hot enough. It should not start to smoke as this is the point at which it can catch fire!
The high-quality non-stick coating on WOLL professional cast products makes them best suited to fat free frying of, for example, meat:
- When fat free frying meat, your WOLL professional cast products should be heated up for approx. 2 1/2 minutes at maximum power.
- The temperature can be tested by means of the so called drop test: wet your finger and flick a couple of droplets of water into the WOLL professional cast product – if it spits, the WOLL professional cast product is too hot.
- Now reduce the temperature by about 30 %. Please ensure meat is at room temperature.
- Now, put the meat into the WOLL professional cast product – it will stick slightly at first.Turn it when it loosens slightly from the base and seal the other side quickly, too.
- Fry the meat until your personal preference is achieved.
Rare – using the so called thumb test, no resistance should be felt; Medium – slight resistance is felt; Well done – hardly any movement at all should be felt.
- After frying place the meat into a pre-heated oven at 90 °C for approximately 5 minutes.